tickle, tickle- haha!

This is what I get for marrying an Asian woman. I pay to go to plays and restaurants and hear people talk about the white ghost devil.

Tuesday, February 27, 2007

I miss Trader Joe's!

When we moved out to the sticks from Burbank, we did it with the understanding that we would no longer be within walking distance of a mall, an Ikea and 42 movie screens (really, 42.) We said that if close proximity to chain stores was a bigger deal than clean air and affordable housing, than we needed to refocus on what is important. And after 2 1/2 years, I'm sure that we've made the right call. But...

I really miss the 5 minute drive to Trader Joe's. (I liked it better living a short drive away in Burbank than the 3 blocks away in Los Feliz. Walking 3 blocks uphill - yes, both ways- with milk, beer, canned goods, etc. was not so much fun. I sometimes drove, but it was sooo close and parking at the store and our apartment was tough. Anyway...)

I was near Federal Way(kind of like Burbank, as it has every chain store invented) for work today, so I thought I'd do a TJ's run. Ohh, the Joy! The accumulation of stuff doesn't get any better than a liter of extra virgin olive oil for $5.49. I liked it so much, I even got some for the kitchen.

Sadly, it's a 90+ minute drive home from there, so I had to refrain from going down the frozen isle. Maybe next time I'll bring the cooler.

Labels:

10 Comments:

Blogger demondoll said...

I noticed the dearth of chocolate items in the bags. Perhaps you are unaware of the time of month.

Thank you for the hummus.

11:03 PM  
Blogger Veronica said...

I love TJ's not to brag but we live 5 minutes away from one. It's very nice..considering baby is allergic to milk products (they have many soy products.)
Although sister-pie goes more often. She states they carry the best darn cheese-popcorn in the world. hehe :D

1:12 AM  
Blogger LolaDiana said...

Best cheep booze...

Sad to say I sometimes have lunch at trader J's free sample bar when the wallet is a wee bit bare

For some reason there is a TJ's in the most expensive part of Newport Coast... and it's ALWAYS full. I guess that's how the rich stay rich.

5:23 PM  
Blogger ElleDee said...

They have great hummus!!!
(I live 15 minutes away from one - not as privileged as Pooks.)

10:34 PM  
Blogger demondoll said...

The dried fruit and nutz- yum.red-pepper hummus- yum. Chevre- ooh, yum. And everything much cheaper than elsewhere.
Once I bought some cheese at -ok, the name of it was Say Cheese- and i also bought crackers. Next door I went to TJ's to buy wine and nuts, the grocer actually reprimanded me, we have crackers here, you silly. It was to blush.

5:24 PM  
Blogger demondoll said...

Running low on chevre. Thought you might want to get some when you get the Ak-Mak

12:48 PM  
Blogger demondoll said...

hello?

9:07 PM  
Blogger ElleDee said...

Should I bring Trader Joe hummus as an offering when I come visit???

9:58 AM  
Blogger MattFeath said...

I didn't know you had a blog ... Demon Doll has kept it a secret ... I have to add you to my links list ... I hate to say that we live only 5 minutes from TJ's ... I must be in there every other day ... I can't imagine live without Trader Joe's!!!

7:51 PM  
Blogger demondoll said...

No way! I totally linked him! WGD just doesn't post much. Or comment, either. I'm just sayin'.
:D

10:44 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home