tickle, tickle- haha!

This is what I get for marrying an Asian woman. I pay to go to plays and restaurants and hear people talk about the white ghost devil.

Monday, December 11, 2006

Forever Young?


The Boy was listening to the radio in the car with Ddoll the other day when he heard an ad for an upcoming Rod Stewart concert at Key Arena. Now he wants me to take him to the show! Say WA? Let me list my issues with this development...


- How did it get to be just me/him and not the the three of us? Mostly our special guy trips are to the recycling center and/or transfer station, not a date.


- We've taken him to quite a few concerts and other live performances over the last couple of years and usually I end up in the lobby with him for big chunks of the show. The Duke Ellington concert and last year's Nutcracker show spring to mind.


- Just in general, taking a 6 year old to a arena rock concert... What could happen?


- $60 and up plus service charge to sit in the noise bleeds of a basketball stadium. If you're watching the concert more on the big video screen than you are looking at the stage, why are you there. I'm a fan of the small venue.


- Rod Stewart? While I don't mind him, as far as aging rockers go, he's not quite the Stones or even AeroSmith. But really, once they start using your songs for Pamper commercials, should you still be touring? (This reminds me of the time when some friends took Ddoll & me to a Jimmy Buffet concert in Irvine. She had no idea Jimmy was so long of tooth until he took the stage and she squawked about it the whole show.)

Labels:

5 Comments:

Blogger demondoll said...

I don't know. Now that Greg has left the Wiggles, maybe Rod is the better bet? ;)
If the Boy wanted to go to Tom Jones, I'd take him... :D

5:23 PM  
Blogger LolaDiana said...

OY. Has he heard the last "standards" album? OY.

11:59 AM  
Blogger ElleDee said...

What about Neil Diamond? Or Wayne Newton?

4:19 PM  
Blogger demondoll said...

WGD is leery of Wayne Newton. But Diamond- I am so there.

5:49 PM  
Blogger Veronica said...

more post! please.

11:17 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home