tickle, tickle- haha!

This is what I get for marrying an Asian woman. I pay to go to plays and restaurants and hear people talk about the white ghost devil.

Tuesday, November 28, 2006

Worst Christmas Song Ever


I like music. I don't obsess about the artists or need a Zune/ipod/ringtones going nonstop, but I enjoy most types of music. (Alternative, classic rock, classical, jazz... I even like well done country/western and rap/hip hop, but not together.) Anyway, I dig the Christmas tunes anytime after Halloween. From Handel, to Bing Crosby, to the Bare Naked Ladies, to Jingle Bell Dogs, I'm good with it... with a few notable exceptions.

First, the regional holiday songs are just sick. Up here they play a couple that make my skin crawl, "Christmas in the Northwest" and "Walking in Seattle's Latte Land" (to the tune of Winter Wonderland.) These songs are offensive to anybody with ears. I'd link them, but that would be hurtful to you and you might come after me.

But as bad as the regional cr@p is, it's Nat King cole's Christmas Song when compared to "Christmas Shoes" by the faith based group Newsong. Now, I'm a Child of the Light (aren't we all?), so I'm cool with the God stuff, but the only message in this song is BLOWS. The only good news is when it's over. Please understand me, this song is really bad!

If I ever go to a Newsong concert, I'll be leaving in handcuffs.

Labels:

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ughh! You must make copies of Dad's (the filipino one)X-mas CD collection. That will leave you with hours, no days, of honest-to-goodness REAL X-mas music. None of that crazy crap.

6:11 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sister, yes. Oh, yes.
We have an ever growing collection of holiday music. You can bet your sweet patootie Newsong isn't in it.

WGD, you are exactly what I think of when I ponder Chilren of the Night, oops, Light!;)

8:32 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Mmmmm... so religiolicious... shoes... dead mama... raggedy boy.... drowning in treacle ooze....
and an insipid melody to boot!

4:54 PM  
Blogger White Ghost Devil said...

Insipid is the word. This song makes a strong case for the commercialization of X-mas. Ho ho ho.

3:18 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I like the Coats' version of Angels We Have Heard on High.

You know, if you look at the title a certain way, it can read We've Heard Angels are High...

11:35 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home